Sep 9, 2013

A Cars 3rd Birthday Party

Over the summer Matthew turned three. He decided he wanted a 'Cars' birthday party which turned out cute and everyone had a fun time.

I made these invitations on photoshop and love how they turned out!


We started off at the pool because it is about a million degrees in Texas. I like the boys to wear coordinating outfits for parties but I also want it to be worn more than one time. So I got them matching Cars bathing suits and we already have the Lightning McQueen hats (which I don't particularly like, but the boys picked them out and they fit the party). At the pool we had 'Ramone's Auto Shop' set up where kids could get fake tattoos that were really cute!





After we swam for a little bit we went back to the house for lunch and a couple games. I had a kids' table set up and each kiddo got a VIP Pitt Pass to wear. 





We had a yummy lunch before heading outside again. 




Outside in the backyard we made a small race track by spray painting white lines on the grass. I got the racing flags from Oriental Trading to help decorate the track and for the 'crowd' of parents to cheer on the racers. I printed out pictures of the different cars from the movie, laminated them and then glued ribbon to it to make it into a lanyard. Each kid picked which car he or she wanted to race as. They had fun running the race track a couple times and even took turns who would win each time. It was really cute!






Last but not least we had some yummy cupcakes. I found the toppers on clearance at a party shop for $1! What a steal! I think making cupcakes at home is a wonderful way to save money for parties. I always make the cupcakes and ice them myself. They look pretty dang good if I do say so myself!





You can't have a Cars party without having some yummy spare tires!


I didn't get a picture of the favors, but each kid got a Cars 2 Little Golden book that I found at Walmart. I love giving favors that are useful or practical instead of a piece of junk that will get thrown away at the end of the day.

Overall I think Matthew had a fun 3rd birthday party! You can check HERE for some of the other birthday parties I have thrown for the boys- all have been super fun! Now, if I can finally send out those thank-you cards...


Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun and cute party. Found your post while searching for ideas for our own "Cars" themed party for our soon-to-be 3-year-old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)